Ausbau der Antriebswelle

Du siehst das Forum als Gast - als registriertes Mitglied stehen dir alle Forenbereiche zur Verfügung. Wir freuen uns auf dich!

• Hello everyone

has anyone removed the drive shaft yet? I'm interested in knowing the tool required, torques, and if any of the nuts are reverse thread.?

Why do you ask?

1-to mount a fat 240 rear tire/wheel

2-possibly paint black chrome

Thanks

• Hi David,

most likely nobody here has removed the driveshaft from the gearbox and gearbox from rear wheel. Nor I think many of BMW dealers did yet.

And to change tire or wheel you do not need to do that. Just with the width tire of your desire, I have no idea whether tires would touching the base frame….

On the paint of the drive shaft - try it first with a marker - can be easily reversed in case of disliking.

Cheers,

frank

• Hello Christian and Frank.

(apologies for my Google German)

Thank you for your answers.

I looked at a TTS rear wheel with fat spokes and they told me I had to remove the drive shaft to install the wheel. Obviously

It is

better if I don't have to. Thanks again and I will be in touch with RF Bike Tech.

Prost

David

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von saintex (27. April 2023 um 02:58)

• Hi David,

i bought my wheels (200) at TTS, too. A very good company, very proffesional! I visited them in person and drink a lot of coffee there.

When they say you have to remove it....i think they know their business.

I think it is a matter of space in the installation process.

bin dabei!

• David, I also use the TTS parts for spokes 21“ an 18“. The rear tyre has 200mm format. That is the biggest dimension you can use plug and play.

I you prefer a bigger dimension, you need a bigger rear rocker or you have to modify the existing (to expand).

Regards

Thies

• I am not sure but it think the rocker has to be expanded at the beginning next to the suspension strut.

Picture from my 200/50 R18

IMG_0737.jpg

As mentioned, I think 200 is maximum, but finally he has to ask a customer. Would recommend Hans Lang (LMC), directly TTS or Walzwerk. Both have worked with bigger dimensions on the R18.

• Hey i write mal in german.

Hab auf der imot bei jackys garage nachgefragt, die meinten bei 200 sei Schluss. Dann muss die Welle raus und das sei nicht so einfach.

Es ist machbar aber den Aufwand nicht wert meinten Sie.

Übrigens Top Laden sehr hilfsbereit und freundlich.

Ohne natürlich Werbung zu machen. :sboy

• Daher MÜSSEN die Antriebswelle und der Winkelantrieb entfernt werden, um einen 240er-Reifen zu montieren. Um etwas mehr Platz zu schaffen, sollte auch die mittlere Abdeckung des Winkelgetriebes entfernt werden. Es ist nicht schwierig, erfordert aber entweder ein Spezialwerkzeug von BMW FÜR DIE große Mutter auf der Welle oder ein ähnliches Werkzeug vom Typ „Krähenfuß“.

Bei der Montage des Rades wird der Winkelantrieb während der Montage am Rad gehalten. Dann kann der Winkelantrieb mit 2 oder 3 Schrauben befestigt werden, während die Schnellspannachse angebracht wird. Anschließend wird die Zentralabdeckung wieder montiert. Achtung, die mittlere Abdeckung ist fein bearbeitet und ihre Oberfläche sollte während der Installation geschützt werden.

Original

so, the drive shaft and the right angle drive MUST be removed to install a 240 tire. the central cover on the right angle drive should also be removed to give some more room . it is not difficult but it does require either a special tool from BMW FOR THE big nut on the shaft or a similar tool of the "crow's foot " type

when installing the wheel the right angle drive is held on the wheel while it is put in place. then the right angle drive can be held in place with 2 or 3 bolts while the quick release axle is put in place. then the central cover is re installed . Caution the central cover is finely machined and it's Surface should be protected during installation.